After a a year or so of resisting the iPhone and everything Apple, I caved. I don’t know exactly why I was so anti- iPhone for as long as I was, but I definitely was. I think the tipping point was having to replace my blackberry for the umpteenth time and continuing to pay $99 for knock-off replacements that fell apart as soon as I got them out of the box.
It has been over a year and I am completely on the iPhone wagon. I’m actually even starting to like AT&T. (***boo, hiss**** I know, I know.) This post was not intended to be an Apple ad, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Apple got it right with the iPhone. I know there are supposedly all kinds of kinks that Jobs and his peeps are trying to work out with the iphone 4, but I am strictly referring to the old school iPhone.
The biggest reason for my love of everything iPhone, is the Apps. The Apps are life changing right?! No drama here, just the truth. I wanted to share a list of some of my favorite Apps. I put the list together for moms and mothers-to-be in mind, but obviously everyone can benefit from these Apps. The following Apps are a little off the beaten path, and are of course in addition to the typical faves i.e. Google, so here goes:
Arm Candy App Faves
- Sit or Squat– Who hasn’t needed to find a bathroom fast? I just recently discovered this App and wish I would have had it while I was pregnant. However, now that my 2 1/2 year old is out of diapers, bathrooms have become a part of my internal GPS and this App is a lifesaver.
- Foods to Avoid While Pregnant- When I was pregnant, I used this App EVERY time I went to the grocery store or ate out. It was so easy to use and made shopping for safe foods extremely easy.
- iPregnancy-This was the most expensive App I purchased at a whopping $4.99, but I really like this App. I used it frequently to look up information, view images of what my baby might look like and to keep track of appointment info.
- aSleep– This App is perfect for travel! If you have a baby or toddler that loves their mobile or music maker then this App is a must! aSleep lets you select the music sound of your liking and select the amount of time that works best for your little one. Makes me sleepy just thinking of it!
- Good Food Near You- Jamie Oliver would definitely love this App and so do I! This application helps you find healthy food locations near you, wherever you may be! In addition to locations, the App lists healthy foods along with their fat & calorie content! Yummy!
- Scrabble and/or Words with Friends-I have both of these Apps downloaded and love them equally! Words with Friends is fabulous for keeping Mommy brains from turning into complete mush and allows you to stay sharp and socialize with friends. Scrabble is great when you are up at all hours and need something to do while feeding a baby in a dark room.
- Nike + and/or Nike Training- I hate to admit, but this App really does make running fun. Burn the baby weight while logging miles on this program.
- E!- Motherhood is no excuse to fall behind on breaking celebrity news!
- OpenTable- Restaurant noise combined with screaming kids make phone reservations almost impossible! OpenTable allows you to make reservations from you phone without saying a word! It is super easy and stress free!
- Sex Offenders Search-Random, I know. However, safety girl here, says play it safe. As a Mom, I feel it is a duty to know where the sex offenders are in my neighborhood and this App makes it super easy!
So, there you have it! The world is literally in the palm of your hands! Enjoy a few of my faves and please be sure and share what Apps are rockin your world!
Coming Soon: Arm Candy Apps for Kids!