The first time I laid eyes on the all natural, mineral sunscreen, TruKid, I was smitten. It didn’t take me long to spot the TruKid bevy of beauties from across the pool–strategically placed next to the shaved ice stand. The chemical free, all natural description drew me in immediately and the delicious smell and vibrant colors were the key to my children’s hearts.
Over the last month, my families love affair with TruKid has blossomed. Upon return from our summer vacation, where I had discovered TruKid, I contacted the founder/CEO, Jennifer Adams Bunkers to profess my love of her products. I should have known that only a mother (mother of 6 for that matter), could have created such a safe and fun product line. However, I did not expect that the founder would be a Supermom, raising six beautiful children AND saving children of the world from chemical filled products. She is pretty amazing to say the least.
Somewhere between raising a family and saving the world, Jennifer managed to send me a box of amazing product to review. After trying out a handful of TruKid products, my family and I concluded that they are all beyond fabulous. They are bright, fun and bursting with personality. The products are all extremely gentle and non-irritating, even on my youngest babies’ skin. The Friendly Face Wash happens to be one of my absolute faves. It makes washing your child’s face so easy–regardless of the time of day and is so extremely gentle.
All the products have diagrams on the labels that make it easy for kids to understand which body part that the TruKid product should be applied. The kid friendly diagram also helps to promote self-bathing. Just ask my son who now washes his face numerous times throughout the day. It is hard not to smile when looking at these products, and it is wonderful knowing that TruKid products are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside. Just like our arm candy. Have I mentioned how much we love TruKid?
Our bath time favorites include: Silly Shampoo, Friendly Face Wash, Bubbly Body Wash, Cool Condition and we wrap up with the Happy Face and Body Lotion. Yes, my son’s bath time routine has turned into a five step beauty regimen filled with a rainbow of TruKid products. While it might seem like a lot of work, it is in fact the opposite. My almost three-year old is able to use the body wash and face wash on his own, while I wash and condition his hair. Each one of the products is fabulous on its’ own. However, when you put them all together, you end up with a clean, soft, chemical free, delicious smelling family.
In summary, here is a wrap up of why the TruKid products are an Arm Candy Confessions must have:
- TruKid focuses on creating healthy habits and promoting positive choices for children and families.
- Natural, value-priced skin care line.
- TruKid’s philosophy is to create a sustainable future for our kids by teaching them to take care of themselves, each other and the environment.
- TruKid provides products free of harmful chemicals.
- TruKid strives to use innovative and green packaging which facilitates recycling and minimizing waste.
- Biodegradable formulas have been specifically designed to protect, moisturize and nourish children’s sensitive skin.
- TruKid products are BPA and Phthalate free.
- TruKid provides gentle, natural and organic skin care that is safe to use on babies as well as big kids.
- Kids enjoy using TruKid products. (If you need an example of this, try “accidentally” leaving out one of my son’s five step products)
- Made in the USA
- The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has awarded the TruKid line the safest rating of all kid’s skin care lines.
- The TruKid labels provide a kid friendly diagram of which part of the body the product is intended to be used.
- TruKid spells out the ingredients used in all it’s products. Who does that?! Seriously.
- Do you need another reason? You can check them out here and be sure and take advantage of the fabulous back to school sale.
Interested in TruKid updates? You can follow the TruKid blog here.